Welcome to Reach Baltimore

This blog was designed to keep you posted on our church planting efforts in Baltimore, MD. Our Goal is not simply to start churches, it's to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

The Evergreen

When I think of the perfect place to focus, to study the Word, and to meet the unchurched I think of a coffee shop. The Evergreen is the perfect mix of professionals, students, professors, and coffee drinkers. A cup of Joe runs $1 and the WiFi is free. The place is packed every morning and I am already seeing the opportunity to reach people here and connect with others from my community. In the midst of this blog I just met Zoe, a local who, turns out, lives just a block from us. She has just informed me that the block we live on was once owned by the first land owning free slave in Baltimore and is thus a strange mix of lots with row houses and single family homes with no particular rhyme or reason. Zoe ended the conversation by offering her address and number so that Carrie and I could get together with her and her husband Andrew. The Lord is good!